Wondering Where To Holiday In Italy?March 21, 2018
Holiday In A Perfect Italian VillaMarch 26, 2018
Italy houses some of the world’s most historically important monuments and sites. It has the maximum number of UNESCO certified heritage sites in the world. We will tell you about some of the top preferred Holiday Places in Italy that you can enlist in your upcoming holiday plan.
Top Preferred Holiday Places in Italy
- Needless to say our first choice is the Colosseum in Rome. It is one giant structure and has world’s most famous amphitheater. It was finished in 80AD which was way back that technological advancement took place. It is one exciting piece of art built by people of old times.
- Grand canal of Venice: Venice is the city water, famous for its Gondola rides. The city has a central water way like many cities in the world has central railway station. Here they have the Grand canal which is the central water way. People travel on water buses and gondolas for going anywhere in the city.
- Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence: It attracts millions of tourists all over the year from across the globe. It was completed in 1436 and is one of the world’s most beautiful cathedral. It is symbolic for the city and has a wonderful architectural style. It is also one of the largest church until the modern times.
- Piazza del Campo Siena: It is one of the greatest squares built during the medieval era. It is one of the historic centers and tourist attraction in Siena in Tuscany. It is very beautiful and has historic importance. You can also watch the horse race Siena is famous for. It is a twice in a year race that people from different places come to watch.
- Pompeii is a city that was one covered with soil and ash when volcano Vesuvius erupted in the 79 AD. Everything in the city was frozen. It provides a great view to the lives of the people back then,
- Positano is a town near Amalfi Coast which is renowned for rugged terrain and it scenic beauty. The famous author John Steinbeck wrote about its scenic beauty making it live forever.
- Lake Como is in the lake district of Italy. It has mountains, good weather and fresh air all over the place. It houses many attractive villas that architectural marvels.
- Leaning tower of Pisa is one of the seven wonders of the world. Its construction was flagged off in 1173 after which it started to sink due to poorly laid foundation. Then the engineers used their own mind to give it a architectural style and today it is what it is. It has 296 steps, anybody ready to climb them can go for it.
- Manarola is one of the oldest towns in Italy. It has five distinct towns known for their beauty. All the five villages are connected by all means of transport.
- San Gimignano: It is a village famous for its 14 stone towers in Tuscany. It is a great tourist attraction all round the year.
Read Also : Most Famous Places To Visit In Italy